Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Have you ever had one of those days where you get up, spend a couple of hours getting you and your kids ready for family pictures, then when the time comes to load them all into the car you can't get the doors open because they have been frozen shut by the previous nights snow/rain/freezing temperature?

Not only were to doors to the car frozen shut, but the windshield was covered in an inch of solid ice. It took so much time to get everything defrosted that we missed our appointment to get the pictures done. Now, I don't mean to complain or anything but this is the fourth time we have had family pictures ruined in the last two months due to weather! And I wouldn't even be that upset about today's car fiasco except that I had taken the time to really get myself ready. Usually I put my hair in a pony tail, dab on some blush and swipe on some mascara. Rarely do I have the time these days to doll myself up the way I did PC (pre-children). I spent all that time making myself into the good looking girl I once was and it was all wasted on a day spent inside.

Yesterday when it started snowing I was super excited. After all I'm from Arizona, snow is still a novelty. Everything was covered in a pretty powdery snow, it covered up all of the grossness that is Jersey City. For a while it looks like we live in a snowy fairy land...until the snow turned to rain, and then the rain froze along with the snow and turned our car into an ice cube.

8 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i had no idea that your car could freeze shut...wow! i hope you end up getting your fam pictures taken after all.

Bart and Jill said...

haha! I cannot believe you had your car frozen over! Here in Seattle we have gotten over a foot of snow which is also rare for here! Looks like we might have a white christmas! It's been a blizzard! Your little man is getting so big! We get to see Shanna and Charlotte at the end of this month at my bro's wedding.. too bad you guys won't be there! Well, hope things get better with the ice!

Dawnell said...

Today I had frost on the INSIDE of my windshield. I hate it. I've been the victim of frozen doors before. It sucks. I applaud your efforts to have nice pictures taken. When you (eventually) get my Christmas card you'll see that Chris and I did not make that effort.

Christina said...

Me too. I can't tell you how many times my car door has been iced over. One time, the lock froze (no ice outside, just inside).

I've never seen you not looking gorgeous, so keep up the good work!

*julie* said...

Ack!! How the heck did Haylie turn 5 overnight?! Seriously, your new (and super cute) family pictures make her look so grown up! And I love how chill little Huck is too :)
Great job Jen! Here's to many more years of (summertime) family pictures!

Lacey said...

I hear ya, I too just don't take the time dolling up as I used to pre-children. A good way to judge if I think something is a big deal is just check if I'm wearing eyeliner...or maybe even lipstick if you're lucky. So yes, What a travesty to waste your hotness!! Of course though you are even pretty without dolling up, I'm just sayin, I totally know what you mean! I see you did end up getting some somkin hot pictures so kudos..it is no small thing. I hope you come back and live here to get away from your prison/weather/parking disasters and then we can be best friends!!:)

Dawnell said...

Your blog is so fancy now. Nice pictures.

brooke said...

ha, jenny, i was just looking at your pictures.. i have that same coat!! we are so stylish aren't we!!!

i miss you, i wish we could've gotten together, on our trip, i'll be back this summer sometime and we need to make it happen. xoxo