Thursday, December 11, 2008

Huck Gets Blessed


When you live in Jersey City it's not unheard of to travel back to your hometown to have your baby blessed. When Haylie was born I asked Tom if we should wait until we visited Arizona and do it then. He said No. Tom said that you have your baby blessed in your ward, where you live. So we blessed Haylie in JC with no family in site. We were lucky enough to have some great friends to participate in the blessing, but still not the same.

This time around I didn't even ask to wait to bless Huck with family. But we were lucky enough to have some family around. Tom's mom, Charlotte, was here as was my good friend Jeff Depew.


We had a great time having Tom's Mom here. The kids loved her! Haylie cried when we dropped her off at the airport. Well, it was either that or she was really sad that her fruit snacks were gone. Huck was spoiled rotten while she was here. If I wasn't holding him, she was. Now he's back to normal life hanging out in his swing. It was really nice to have some family here, we rarely get visitors.

It was also fantastic to have Jeff help with the blessing. Jeff and I served our missions together in France. We served in the same small town of Beziers for over eight months. He is pretty close to family for me, Jeff was even a bridesman at my wedding. Talk about a good friend, he never even told anyone about that time Julie and I wet our pants from laughing at the beach on P-day.

Tom did a great job with the blessing! Huck was an angel the whole time and it couldn't have gone better. Huck was adorable in his blessing gown. It was the same gown Tom was blessed in over 29 years ago. Not to be outdone by his son, Tom looked pretty handsome too in his suit.

6 comments:

gretchen said...

So sorry I missed it! Jenny, you look fantastic--I love your hair!

We're blessing Scott over Christmas in Utah . . . don't tell Tom! :)

M said...

I love baby blessings! I cry every time; it is so embarrassing.

Lacey said...

Holy hot mama! Do tell me how you look so skinny after JUST having a baby!? You are out of control pretty I tell ya.

Carol said...

you look fantastic!! i dont think i have ever seen you with brown hair before, i love it!

Jodiane said...

your hair looks great. call me 570-7515. you know the area code. i will be home tomorrow till the 10th

jo

Erica said...

I mean, you didn't really just have your second baby right? You look far too fabulous!! That hair is phenomenal!