Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letter to Tony

Dear Tony,

Seeing your face on the computer screen at the FBI was a shock. Not just because I believed you to be dead, or because I didn't want to believe that you were capable of the things the claimed you are responsible for doing. But because you hurt Jack.

Tony, haven't we all given enough? Yes, we've lost Michelle (we all loved her), and Curtis too. Edgar's death took us all by suprise. We can't forget Milo's sacrifice either. Jack has been exiled as now under indictment for torture. All of these things break my heart, but none of them can compare to what I felt when they told me you were a terrorist.

I wanted to hope that you weren't what they claimed. But I'll admit my faith in you was wavering. All I could hope was that you were undercover, but with CTU disbanded the chance of that being the case was slim. It was hard enough when you passed away, but to think that you could turn like that...well, I just wished you'd have stayed dead so I didn't have my heart broken twice.

I'll admit I worried about you for the last couple of days. Never giving up hope completely. I can tell you that when Jack dialed "Deep Sky" last night and we heard Bill's voice I was overcome with emotion. Seeing Chloe was in on it completed the joy I felt. And I was so happy for Jack. He has lost so much, I couldn't stand to see him hurt by the one's he loves (you Tony, I'm talking about you). After he spoke to Bill I was able to understand why you hurt him with your comments about Terri's death. You had to get him close enough to tell him, and knowing him so well you knew what he would do.

Tony, I'm so pleased that you still have good in you. So pleased that you are back from beyond the grave. So glad to hear your voice say "yeah" again in the way only Tony Almieda can do. I should have known that you would never go that far astray for good. Your Tony Freaking Almeida and you're back from the dead to kick some A with Jack!

Don't let us down, and don't let Jack down. We are counting on you to once again give everything to protect us from evil that surrounds us on all sides.

Jenny

10 comments:

Kasey said...

You really should have titled this post: IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED 24 YET PLEASE DON'T READ!
Good thing I didn't read too far. I'm watching it soon! Rocky keeps making sure I don't watch it without him. I'm so excited for the new season! I actually watched all 6 seasons in 4 months. I never thought I'd finish, but I did so I could start season 7.

Naomi said...

You are way too freakin' hilarious! Excellent post!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

you are awesome! love 24!!

allisonlaurel said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Addy said...

Crap. We forgot to DVR it. Sigh . . . now I might just have to wait for the whole thing on DVD because we have missed like 10 hours already in one stupid weekend.

Lacey said...

So I've never even seen the show and now I feel COMPELLED to watch every episode from start to finish...not because of the lame commercials, or the bajillions of obsessed maniacs who keep trying to push it on me. No no, what sent me over the edge was your hilarious, heart-felt letter to Tony! I only hope it lives up to the hype. Hilarious Jenny, HILARIOUS!

Carol said...

I LOVE your new family photo!!

Erica said...

Mmh, Tony. I hope that you really are a good boy and not a bad boy pretending to be a good boy pretending to be a bad boy. That would be terrible.
And you are so freaking hot. Those family pictures are amazing.
Can I be you?

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Yet there is no love for Edward? At least it's understood that Edward lives forever. There is no day time drama of dying and coming back to life for him!!! I'm not dissing 24, watched the first 4 seasons. Loved them. Then it got corny and predictable. Regardless, I will always love and respect Jack Bauer. No love lost, Soeur. You know I love you!

Jill said...

ahhh this was a great post. all i can say is tony, tony, tony. he's baaaacccck!!!! and i am happy.