Thursday, February 12, 2009

Haylie and Huck Updates


One of Haylie's favorite things to do is climb up onto the window sill and hangout. She'll watch the people walking by and say "Hi" to everyone. Occasionally, she gets a hold of game control and trys to play video games. So far all she has managed to do is turn on the game consoles. It's only a matter of time until she figures out how to start a game, I'm sure. She is talking up a storm. Her favorite phrase is "that mine". The other night I was sitting on the floor with Huck. My hair was pulled back in a pony tail with a hair band that Haylie likes to use as a necklace. She noticed that I was using it and pointing to it remarked "that mine". I told her that it was mine and I was using it. She wasn't content with that answer and a few minutes later I felt her come up behind me. She leaned over my shoulder and whispered into my ear "that mine", and proceeded to pull it out of my hair. It was all very stelth like. Let's not forget that she figured out how to climb out of her crib last night. Fueled by rage and I'm sure indignation, she made her first attempt to escape the confines of her crib. She succeeded, and I caught her as she came over the edge. I don't know what we are going to do. I for sure don't want her in a bed yet, but don't want her to get hurt crawling out of the bed in the middle of the night. We'll see what happens.

Huck is four months. He enjoys chewing on his fists, rolling all over the ground, grabbing toys, droolling, and laughing. He also loves when Haylie comes to play with him. He doesn't even care that she kicks him in the head. She does such a soft kick, he thinks it's funny and laughs. He is starting to scoot everywhere. I have to keep dragging him back onto the rug, but he just won't stay in one place. He just wants to be where the action is.

8 comments:

Naomi said...

OK - Huck's smile is so cute and I love the story of Hailey sneaking up from behind and whispering in your ear telling mommy what's up! LOL. I can't get over how fast Huck is growing.

Great Scott's! said...

Super cute Pictures and stories!! I love Haylie's "that mine" whisper. Sounds like she's got it all figured out. That is quite a charming smile of Huck's, better be careful with all the baby ladies. It was great talking to you the other day!

*julie* said...

They're so cute Jen! And why does your story of Haylie sound so much like something you would do? Almost like leaving a snake under someone's pillow and whispering, "Sweet Dreams." I know it didn't go down quite like that, but it was all very stealth at the very least ;)

Jamie said...

Love the picture of Haylie on the window sill with the game controller. Unfortunately, Link likes the PS3 controller too, but he somehow figured out how to go through the menus and actually bought some game in the online store! Now we hide the controllers! :)

Lacey said...

so so cute!!!

Jodiane said...

You deserve a stealthy daughter being that you are the queen of covert operations (hangers on Shimmties car, etc. ) I love you J.P.

Rhett, Angie, and Rion said...

Hailey has grown up so much! She is adorable. Your boy looks like he is going to be a little heart breaker!
Angie

Spencer and Amy said...

They are so cute! I love you family picture too by the way :)