Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"That might be a penis"

I betcha no one reads my blog anymore! I don't blame anyone, it's been a lifetime since I posted anything. Not that we haven't been having loads of fun, because we have. Here's a just a few of the fun things that have happened since my last post.
1. found out we are unexpectedly expecting...again.
2. Tom started moonlighting at the Sierra Blanca prison. He says it's not as glamorous as one would think.
3. at 10 weeks I started hemorrhaging profusely (sorry, I know it might tmi).
4. Spent some time in the ER were I was diagnosed with what is called a subchorionic hematoma. Good news is the baby is fine, but my uterus not so much.
5.I am put on modified bed rest until I'm out of the danger zone.
6. My Mom came to visit.
7. We sent the kids the stay with family in AZ. (modified bed rest says I'm not suppose to lift anything more than 10 pounds, push a vacuum, sweep, or really do anything useful.
8. Tom and I joined the kids in AZ for Christmas.
9. Came back to TX and took the kids to the ER.
10. Haylie had pneumonia and so did Huck.
11. Huck spent four days in the Pediatric unit of the hospital for his pneumonia.
12. We celebrated New Years Eve by getting Huck home from the hospital and going to bed by 10 p.m.
13.at week 19 we found out that the hematoma has cleared up so I can have a normal pregnancy from here on out.
14. The doctor told us we are having a girl....five minutes later it might be a boy. Her words exactly "that might be a penis. But if it is I've never seen a penis that looked like that before. I guess we'll just have to wait and see." Now, I'm really worried.

So, lots of fun times for us in El Paso. So far this has been the longest pregnancy of all time. Now that it's Feb we are all doing well. The baby is due July 1st and I'm hoping for a healthy normal sexed child. I am getting another ultrasound next week so I'm really hoping the tech can tell us for sure one way or another. I'll keep you posted.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I still read your blog! Well, when it shows up that you have a new post on my reader I do. Not that you will even care about me reading because I'm just Julies little sister (I'm almost 28 now, should I perhaps stop with the LITTLE sister and just go with sister?), BUT one time you left a comment on my blog and it made my week, I was so flattered that you would read mine. Not that you still do, I'm pretty much Snoresville. Nothing notable going on like what's on your heck of a list. I just had to tell you that you make me laugh, not the parts about two kids with pneumonia and all the hemorrhaging -so nice of the comments section to have spell check because there are two words I will NEVER spell right on the first try -and bed rest. I'm so glad all that has turned out alright and congratulations on your baby! I will be crossing my fingers for you that he or she is healthy and normal sexed:)

Naomi said...

I still read it too! It's about time you updated! Chad and I are always wondering how you guys are doing. Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Christmas and New Years but glad that things are looking better. Yayyyyyy for another baby! You are much braver than I! It's just so hard for me to go back to diapers, no sleep, strollers, etc. Just should of popped them out one after the other. Hmmmmm, who knows, maybe I'll surprise everyone! Yeah right! Glad to hear from you.

The Reeds said...

YAY!! Congrats on another baby and I'm glad to hear that things are going better!! :) Hope you guys are doing well!

The Halls said...

I'm so excited for you guys and I hope things get better!! That is crappy to be on bed rest but Im glad you are on the up side now keep us posted on the sex!!

Sara! said...

Hooray for being off bedrest... maybe. The idea of it sounds nice, but having 2 other kids makes it impossible. Wouldn't it be nice to be on bedrest without kids?

Anyhow, glad you're doing better and congrats!

Carol said...

wow! you have had a crazy last few months. i am glad you are doing better now and that your kids are better. i hope your next ultra sound goes better than it might be a.....

Leishman family said...

I thought about you last night when I was looking at my closet. I kept thinking about the night we went out shopping, and I spent way to much money. That was a good night.

Congrats on the pregnancy. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.

Christina said...

Hurrah for a new post! It sounds like you have a really good reason to have not been posting, bed rest really sucks, even if you don't have kids (that's me). I never knew how much your knees and legs hurt!

Congrats on the new baby. New life is always a wonderful, hopeful thing! You are about six weeks ahead of me, so I am looking forward to sneaking a look at your baby's milestones so I can prep!

*julie* said...

Hey!!
I didn't even realize you posted until my MOM told me! Something's broken on my end and isn't giving me notifications when big things happen like new posts!
So hilarious and still so exciting. You really know how to make anything an adventure - which in this case really did sound like one heck of an adventure!
I'm glad you're all safe and sound and that physically you're able to post again - what a relief.
Good luck with the next ultrasound and keep us updated on the penis status!

ames said...

you win for the most eventful past 3 months. The eloquence of your ultrasound technician is inspiring. thanks for sharing and making me laugh...with you, of course. but never at your hemorrhaging uterus.

gretchen said...

I'm glad things seem to be going better! What a crazy few months you have had!! And I can't wait to find out what you're having for sure!! Take care!

Dawnell said...

Ugh, why can't ultrasound technicians have some bedside manner training? They need to learn that implying your child is abnormal is not a thing expecting parents want to hear. I'm glad everyone is healthy at this point. I hope it all stays that way--including Tom who I hope does not get shanked, or shived. I'm not up on my homemade prison weaponry terminology.

Starr Phippen said...

Good updates! Hope all is well with the might be a penis situation.

Mike said...

wow, now that's an update. I'm glad to hear that you, tom and the kids are doing well and are in the clear. congrats on the new baby! hope he/she doesn't turn into a hermaphrodite. have fun thinking up of kids names....again

Jodiane said...

shoot about the weird penis. that sucks. Oh FYI, when i was born and my head popped out the doc said, "thats a boys head if ever i have seen one" and then my little body came out, and the privates were all girl. So maybe it will work out. I hope.