Wednesday, April 28, 2010



It's been awhile since I had any kid pictures posted. So here they are in all of their sassy glory. I can't manage to get a good picture of Huck so this one will have to suffice. I love how Haylie is showing off her "My little Pony" and her sunglasses in her picture. She LOVES that pony. Unfortunately the dog loves it too. He loves all of her ponies and has chewed off limbs on each one. I HATE the dog. But this post isn't about that awful animal, because even thinking about him makes me angry...especially today since he just chewed up an expensive shoe. It's not like the shoe was sitting in the middle of the family room, he had to make an effort to go into the closet and drag it out....he may not be with us for much longer (anyone want a retarded miniature schnauzer?)
The kids are great and growing up so fast! In July (maybe June) they will have a little brother to harass. At my 22 week ultrasound the tech told me I was having a girl. I was super excited. I gave away all of my little boy things and started buying pink. And since we live in El Paso I had to order most of the clothes for the new girl baby because all they have here is Old Navy and Gap. Turns out that they baby was measuring small so they sent me back for another ultrasound at 30 weeks. That's when I was told I was in reality having a boy! What the crap?! I was not pleased. Not because I had my heart set on a girl, but because I had been planning on a girl and now all the sudden I was having a boy! I just wasn't prepared emotionally for the change of sex. I guess it's a good thing I found out now instead of when he came out. I promptly sent back all the cute girl things I had ordered and exchanged them for the boy version. Sadly, it's just not as exciting to shop for a boy. But, that probably makes Tom happy, I'll spend less money.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

oh my gosh you are hysterical! I am still laughing about the lady saying it was the weirdest penis she'd ever seen. What a super kind thing to say, lady. I hope you told her that you feel the same way about her face! Congrats on baby #3 you are the cutest pregnant girl on the planet.

gretchen said...

I feel the exact same way about our dog!! Argh! I'm glad you found out the gender before you delivered--talk about a surprise that would be! And I wish I looked like that when I was 8 months pregnant! :) I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Carol said...

i agree - shopping for boys is not nearly as fun as shopping for girls. At least you found out now instead of when he made his grand arrival into the world.

Jodiane said...

shoot that is funny. I love that they tricked you. Miss you classy lady.