Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crazy Mail

Quick update...we moved into our new apartment. It is the greatest apartment EVER! At least that's what if feels like to us, after living in the Cave for so long. I would have posted pictures, but I haven't figured out some of the tech things on our new computer monitor so those will come later.

In the meantime...Tom showed me a letter we received at our old place the other day. He says he just forgot to show me, but I don't know how he could have. The envelope was addressed to Mr. Thomas Wilson, and there was a small note in the corner that said "Please Rush". The handwriting was weird, kind of more like a scrawl, very creepy. Neither Tom or I recognize the return address or the name, which is also weird when you get a handwritten letter. I open up the letter and I read the most bizarre letter ever. It's some women who says she needs "My Loves" new cell phone number, and how it's very important that she get the new number etc.. the woman just keeps going on about "My Love", which is a creepy, psycho thing to call a person anyway. The letter really creeps me out. My first thought upon seeing the hand writing was to asume it cam from a Prison or something. I asked Tom, who was at the computer to Google the return address, which he does. Not one minute later it pulls up the exact address, in big, bold letters it announces that it has come from a Psychiatric Residential Hospital! That's right, a Mental Institution..someone at a mental institution has our name and our previous address, someone we don't know, who uses creepy language like "my Love".

I think I will call the hospital and see what I can find out about our Mental friend!

5 comments:

Sheena Larkin said...

Okay that is extremely creepy. How did he/she get your address and why are they writing Tom? Oh I would definitely be calling the mental hospital. Who knew Tom had some creepy, crazy stalker ... it's like he's famous.
It's probably one of his patients he worked on that fell in love with him while staring into his dreamy eyes in the dentist chair. Keep us posted on what you find out.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

creepy, creepy. let us know what you find out

Jess said...

Weird! We got a handwritten letter today (also adressed to my husband) from people who claim they want to buy our apartment. Very strange. I had the same questions...how did these people get our name and address???

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

So Tom, you didnt tell Jenny about your ex-girlfriend and where you lived prior to meeting her I take it...that usually something you need to discuss. Jenny if I would have known he didn't tell you I would have my brothers obviously didn't seem to do it either! Oh well no matter what happens "my love" you'll still part of the family!
J/k thats totally creepy!! Good thing you moved!!!

Alicia said...

I cannot believe how creepy that is! I'm so glad you googled it, that was smart. Keep us posted on what happens when you call them!