Saturday, October 27, 2007

Jump Start Halloween

This year for Halloween we decided to go as Kelly Kapoor and Ryan "The Temp" from the hit T.V. show "The Office".

This seemed like a good idea when Dawnell and I were deciding what we were going to be for the upcoming Book Club Halloween Party. I don't think I really thought it through like I should have. I didn't realize that I was going to have to walk close to a mile dressed in a racially politically incorrect costume. The whole subway ride people stared. I don't know if they were looking at me and noticing the stark difference between the color of my face and the whiteness of my arms or looking at Haylie. Either way, when half the population of NYU is Indian, it's probably best not to offend them in anyway.

On the way to the party we were the only ones dressed up. On the way home it was a different story altogether! We saw "Dr. House" and "Laura Croft-Tomb Raider", we saw the Sheriff from Reno 911, there was a guy dressed as Thor walking down the middle of the road. His companions were the two sluttiest witch and referee I've ever seen!

On the way out of the Subway we ran into a friend of Toms from school. They are in the same Dental Practice at school and this was the first time I had met anyone from school. He had to ask if I really was as tan as my faced appeared to be. I asked Tom as we walked away if he was embarrassed that his friend had met me looking like I did, and Tom actaully said yes! I don't know if he really meant it, he may have just really been into his Ryan "The Temp" character, and we all know how lame he can be!

The party was great. The whole "Office" gang was there. In the picture above you will see Angela (Dawnell) and Pam (Jill). In the picture below you will see the whole cast since Dawnells' husband was Dwight and her baby, Beckett was a Beet from the farm. Tom is doing his best "Temp" face, and Jills husband was M.I.A but he was Jim, "3 hole punch Jim" to be correct!


6 comments:

BreAnna said...

you guys all looked so great, I love that you guys didnt overlap each others costumes, did you guys talk before hand? I love walking around this city in costume, it is always an adventure!

Dawnell said...

At least you didn't ask anyone if they'd like to try your gooky gooky. Plus there's tons of people in LA who make themselves up to look like you did everyday. I see them on Dr. 90210 all the time. I've never heard that "Brownface" is unacceptable. :-)

Tammie said...

WOW! Those 2 shades a.k.a. your face and arms are completely different! You really should have browned up the arms a bit! You look crazy! Tom's costume was lame o though! You like that word? You guys could have come up with something more dressed up than that! I just posted some pictures from halloween of the kids so go check it out! I wish Iwould have dressed up, no one over here does anything! They are all lame o too!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

you guys are so dang cute! I'm so glad I finally get to see pictures I'm so out of the loop since Joe & Charlotte moved to Egypt! by the way Tom this is your long lost cousin Ashleigh (south) Shappell, ha you probably didn't even know i got married... glad to see you guys are doing well! We'll have to keep in touch!!! ha I even found TK's blog too, I don't blog hop to often, but I'm glad I did today!!

Jellybean babies said...

I love the Office themed costumes. And to think - Ryan and Kelly had a love child who looks like Raggedy Ann!

Tyler said...

Jen, hey this is Tyler Whittle. Julie Ward gave me this so if you don't want me snooping around on your blog, then you need to blame her. Anyway, I thought I would check in and see how things were going. I have to be honest. At first glance I didn't think they were going so well, then I realized it was Halloween. Anyway, should you want to check Allison and my blog out it is at www.allison-tyler.blogspot.com.