Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol- My family endorses Brooke White

I enjoy American Idol. This year is especially exciting as one of our friends, Brooke White (Ray) is one of the top 12 girls! If you don't know which one she is, she is the cute blond who has never seen an R rated film. You should all make an effort to vote for Brooke. If we can't win a Presidential primary election at least we can get a Mormon girl to win American Idol, right? Of course, don't vote for her just because she's Mormon, vote for her because she is incredibly talented, and nice as can be.

Also, all those RM's from the France, Toulouse Mission you have special reason to vote for her since she is dear Elder Ray's ( You know him, the firefighter with huge arms also known as a "soeur hater") sister in law. Which means if she wins we can all take pleasure in saying we know her family, and what Mormon doesn't enjoy the "who do you know game" when you get to know someone really cool? Kind of like when one of the sisters on the mission came up to me when she found out I was from AZ and asked if I knew of her uncle...Danny Ainge (former Suns player and then Coach). First off, I found the question to be condescending, how could any one live in AZ, be Mormon and not know who that guy was, impossible. Yes, I answered the question and managed to keep the annoyance out of my voice, it was hard.

And Canadians..her husband is from Canada! This could be your chance to do something great for your country besides getting maple leaf tattoo's or maple leaf patches on your backpacks...think about it.

13 comments:

Alicia said...

Haha, this cracks me up! I got an e-mail forward with her video, she IS very talented! And you know, I think the biggest pull to vote her in is most definitely the "do you know" game - I could say "my friend is from her hometown" - now how cool would that be?

Jenny said...

Super cool, Alicia, super cool.

Jodiane said...

maple leaf patches on the back pack is cool. seriously

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

You are so funny, Jenny. I loved that post. I think Brooke is good, I will vote for her, but I do have to say she's not one of my absolute favorites, although I think she's adorable. But, you were missed last night, and you're one of my favorites!

Sommer said...

She's great. I sat next to her and her mom at Wicked over Christmas ...crazy & small world!

crawfordzoo said...

We want to vote for her but didn't get the number right. Yeah -blonde moment. LOL. Can someone post it here? Thanks!

Naomi said...

WHAT?! Canadians get maple leaf tattoos and put badges on their backpacks? No wonder why we moved! LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm a reporter for The AP news agency trying to put together a profile on Brooke White. Am looking for friends, ex-classmates, etc. to help me flesh out a picture of her. I can be reached at ttang@ap.org or 602-258-8934. Thanks.

Terry Tang

Anonymous said...

just wondering if her husband is from NS and if so where abouts?? I am from NS and thought I caught that on tonights show. Just interested. I love her unique style and beautiful voice.

Anonymous said...

I am from NS and I'm sure her husband is from halifax

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke is AWESOME....you should definately VOTE for her!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke is good and so are many of the other idols. We tend to vote for those we would listen to. The Top 5 were amazing with each of there own type of music. I wished that Brooke would have made it in the top 3. All of that aside, the way I look at it in the end is NOT who won; but how each of those idols touched the hearts of those who listened. Definitely I would buy those who I loved to listen too. Brooke's and David A's. They brought something to the show that I was impressed with....that I knew they not only represented the best in themselves; but they represented their families and friends and represented the church in a positive way. I wouldn't probably buy David Cook's music as I am not a music rocker but I see good in him too. Thanks for allowing us to post our comments though you don't know us from Adam. A fan in Billings, MT!

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity will Brooke be putting out an CD after the tour? I hope so. I think she has what it takes to make a name for herself.