Monday, November 10, 2008


I finally was able to get a shot of Huck smiling. Granted he isn't grinning ear or ear but still that's a smile on those little lips.

In other news, just as exciting as Huck smiling, I finally drove through the Holland Tunnel by myself! I have been putting it off for months, ever since we got a car, but last week I finally had to man up and overcome. I have this huge fear of driving through any underground tunnel but especially the Holland and Lincoln tunnels. This is probably due to watching "Daylight" with Stallone. I probably wouldn't have even thought of the possibility of a car accident resulting in mass disaster in the tunnel without it's help. But every time I go through the tunnel I'm praying to make it out alive. So far we've been okay, but I don't want to take more chances then I have to.

I have Jill to thank for giving me the opportunity to overcome my fear of the tunnel. If I hadn't told her I was going to come visit her I never would have had the courage to drive to the other side. Unfortunately once I got to Manhattan and then over to Jill's place I drove around for half an hour trying to find parking within walking distance. It never happened! I was so disappointed. Now that I know I can make it through the tunnel alive I'll be much less nervous to make the trip again, and actuall make it in to visit Jill.

Am I the only one with really crazy fears? For instance I have another fear of getting stuck in an elevator, or getting trapped on the subway...I refuse to take a cruise because I'm sure a tidal wave will overturn the ship or we might hit a glacier....the list goes on. Please don't tell me I'm the only crazy one out there!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just so darn Cute We love it

Tammie said...

I hate elevators too, I always check the wait limit and the amount of people when I get on, i woul much rather just take the stairs. I also have a fear of escalators.. I swear some day I'm going to miss step and land on the crack between the steps and then fall down, down, down the escalator!

Naomi said...

Awwwww, little Huck is a deadringer of Tom. He looks just like him! Oh, and how cute is the AC/DC shirt! Tee Hee. Jenny, congrats on overcoming the tunnel! I know how hard it was for you. I'll always remember us driving you through the holland tunnel for the first time and Chad poking fun at you. He really wasn't very nice, was he?!

Spencer and Amy said...

He's so precious :) I love his shirt too!

*julie* said...

Jenny! That little Huck is just so cuddly looking, even clad in AC/DC! Oh I just want to hug him and kiss him and squeeze him!
So sorry I missed your call last week! I was in the thick of taking a Botany Exam - I'm still a little foggy-headed from all the stuff I crammed into my brain for that. But "n'inquiete pas" my dear Jen, you'll hear from me soon! If only I could remember to call you earlier than later in the day!

Great Scott's! said...

That is so funny, I have many fears tmyself...mainly spiders, and things that fly. I've been stuck in a few elevators, it wasn't so bad. And tunnels are thrilling though I think the longest one I've ever been through was in Phoenix. I do have one more deathly fear...Bridges!! I always think the time I'm crossing, is the time it's gonna crumble. Hover Dam is, as you could imagine, not my favorite! Anyways I don't think youre crazy. I do however, think little Hucks smile is so adorable!! And that onesie is the cutest. And I think he looks lots more like you than Haylie, it's so fun to compare their differences. I can't wait to have #2 :)

Lacey said...

Where oh where do I start with my list of crazy?? I am sure you've read the blog post I did on my CRAZY irrational fears. I'll match your fear of tunnels and boats, and raise you a fear of buses, planes, trains, RVs, statues, mountains, Earwax, Cacti...and oh so much more. One time for a lame family photo, my mom made us all get up close with this statue and I was so terrified of it, my life started flashing before my eyes. I totally started hyperventilating and passed out on the scene! Alone in your craziness?...I think not my dear, I think not!

Carol said...

he's a cutie jenny and i love his shirt!

Jellybean babies said...

Super cute pictures! He's getting big! I really wish I could come up with my mom to visit. And on what I fear....airplanes, spiders, and having the "birds and the bees" talk with my kids.

Jill said...

I have to admit, I was very impressed that you made the journey through the tunnel and into the city! I am terrified to drive in this city. It was fun seeing you though at the bookstore! One of these days (maybe when some parking opens up?!) you can come and see my spacious apt!!