Sunday, May 6, 2007

Did she just say "Panties?"

I wish all of you could have the chance to come visit us out East and attend our ward! It is the best, not in the "we are such a loving, welcoming ward and are so righteous" kind of way, but in a "Did I really just see that happen", kind of way..which I admit at times I prefer.

Today was my first Sunday back after having Haylie, and I was quite excited to come back for Fast and Testimony meeting because we have a few regulars who tend to say and do the most inappropriate things during there testimony time. The Bishop (bless his heart) has actually had to stand up, put his arm around a member and tell them they should probably stop talking! I just have to tell you all a few of the great things that were said today. One lady got up and started telling us about how she woke up last night at 2:34, and didn't remember that it was fast sunday and started eating bananas and then her son came out and reminded her and she felt horrible, but the best part of her testimony was when she told us about how her little granddaughter woke up and she found her leaning over her bed, and she had thrown up. So the lady told her she wasn't suprised since she had "drunk lots of juices and cakes", and then she used the word "panties", and told how she had to wash them out and hang them in the bathroom to dry! In your whole life, have you ever heard the word "panties" from the pulpit? I didnt think so! I was dying and had to keep my head down so no one could see me laughing. Another man got up and started talking about how a guy at work asked him about the church so he challenged him to follow the book of mormon for a year, and he would have a better life. Good advice, right? He went on to say that his life is better since he joined the church and even if it isn't true, it isn't hurting any to live this way "even though I've had more cups of coffee this month than before I was baptized". I don't think any of us needed to hear that, but I was secretly glad he shared!

I'm in the ward choir. I know, not my usual gig, but it's my friends calling and I go to give support, plus they always bring treats. Tom goes too, he sings with the men..and one women. The women who gave the "Panties" testimony usually stands next to him and sings...and though she sings her heart out, she is always off key (and makes Tom forget his part), and tends to sing either the wrong words (even though they are right in front of her) or pronounce them completely wrong (for instance singing the word "ask" as "axed"). This is the first time our ward has had a choir, and it is so much fun!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Girl! You always crack me up. You are one of the only people I know who always has something that makes me pee in my "panties" to share.