Monday, May 28, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Tom planted his garden. Guess what he decided to plant? Keep in mind that our "garden" is just five smallish pots outside our door....did anyone guess Cantaloupe? that's right, in a few weeks we will have delicious Cantaloupe. I don't think the pot is big enough to hold such fruit, but Tom wanted to see what would happen. It's his garden so he can plant whatever he wants.. the funniest thing about this is (he is also planting squash, and green beans) he is planting two pots of flowers to place in front of the fruits and vegetables. Want to know why the flowers are going in front? Tom said it was so "grazers wouldn't be tempted to come eat our vegetables". Are you laughing as hard as I am? I think I'm kind of crying I'm laughing so hard, I just asked him again "Tom, why are you planting the flowers in front?" and that was his reply. He already told me at Target but I wanted to hear him say it again, and trust me, it was even funnier the second time. I don't think we have to worry about anyone being tempted by our garden. Okay, he was just telling me that I'm going to be sorry I made fun of him when he is sitting here eating his "delicious cantaloupe". Then I asked him if he was serious about planting the flowers to dissuade vagrants. "not vagrants", he said, "grazers". What do you mean by grazers, I asked..."raccoons, mice..". Should I tell him I don't think the flowers are going to throw them off?

P.S. The flowers are in the round pots, and the summer squash, green beans, and cantaloupe are in the square pots!

3 comments:

BreAnna said...

you guys are too much!! It will make your porch nice and summery! What veggies? I only see flowers ;o)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Cute!!!

Jellybean babies said...

That is the funniest. Tom is so ridiculous. I can almost hear his voice.......