Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Then and Now


I was thinking today how life changing this last year has been. Last year at this time we had just moved into our Park Ave. Manhattan apartment (doorman included). I had just started working at Yves Saint Laurent (and subsequently quit two weeks later). We were taking long walks in Central Park, and exploring the city. I was getting use to married life, and the subways, and Tom was getting use to a very homesick wife! He offered to buy me a cat (like any old cat could replace the beloved/hated "Eric the Cat") to make me feel a little less lonely.

Now we are living in "Dirty Jersey", in a basement, ant infested "Mouse House" (we've caught and killed seven mice so far, Tom cuts off their heads with scissors). Instead of two we are three. We are bumming rides off friends to Costco, and figuring out which stroller will handle Jersey city potholes the best. Tom refuses to buy me a cat, even though it might help with the mouse problem. Ah, what a difference a year makes!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

I just want to say... Holy Hair! Your hair has gotten so long! You also look great after just having a baby. Looks like you guys have had a good year!
Kasey =)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Your baby is adorable!!! I want to come back to NY have you be our tour guide again, that was so fun

Jill said...

hey! hows it going?! Its Jill, I found your page off of Lindsey's. Congrats on your new baby, she is a cutie. I wish I could have gone to NY with all the girls, it would have been fun to see you.

Tammie said...

Kasey is making me play this game! I'm taggin you because I don't know anyone else! The rules are on my blog so just do it!