Thursday, May 3, 2007

Haylie's First City Trip

Today we took our very first trip into Manhattan! We met up with my very prego friend Suzie and hiked up to the west side of Manhattan to go to a specialty store. We met up at the Grove St. PATH station in Jersey and took it the World Trade Center. From here I was pretty sure I knew exactly how to get there. I've been living her longer than Suzi so of course she trusted me! When we got to the subway trains we couldn't believe our luck. There was the train we needed just sitting there all ready for us, so we hopped on. This whole time Haylie was being a perfect angel in her Ergo baby carrier (so great, she can even nurse while she's in it, but it's tricky to get the hang of). People are checking out the pregnant women and the girl with the baby, and giving up seats for us left and right (okay, only twice..but we appreciated it every time). We were going to get off at the 72 station on the west side, and then walk to 70th street where the store was. It was the simplest thing on earth. Well, we got to chatting, as friends do, all the while I was keeping an eye out for our stop. We passed 5th ave, and we were right on track, just another two stops and then it was us. The next thing I knew I looked up at the next stop and the sign read "23rd St". That's when it hit me! We were headed to Queens! I figured all of this out just as the doors shut and we took off again. We had to get off in queens and loop back around to get to where we needed to be. Aren't I the savvy New Yorker! We ended up getting to our destination, it just took a little longer than I'd planned. Gotta love the subway!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Congrats on your new baby. She is a cutie! Hope life in NY is going good.
Kasey =)