Monday, August 27, 2007

Favorites



I know I shouldn't have a "favorite" niece, but I have to admit that I do. I think my niece Mallory is the funnest little girl ever! Before I had my baby I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like my baby as much as I like Mally. The good news is that I do love my baby just as much (let's be honest, I love her more!), but I still get a kick out of the things Mallory says and does. Mall is the sassiest girl I know, and it makes me laugh so hard. For instance...the other day I went over to her house to help decorate her bedroom. She was suppose to be cleaning it up when I got there, but wasn't doing a thing. Finally my sister had enough of her dallying so she was a bit sharp with her and told her to hurry up or she was going to get a punishment. So Mallory gets all huffy and turns to her Mom with tears in her eyes and angrily states "Stop saying that! You are going to hurt my feelings!"
I also enjoy all of my sisters. I think my sister Kenzie is pretty funny (she doesn't try to be funny, she just is). She is next to me with the short hair, pink shirt. A few years ago she had a big poster hanging on her wall. It was a giant kitten stepping over the New York skyline (Godzilla style). The caption said "Bright Lights, Big Kitty". I would always mock the poster by telling Kenz how much I liked it and how great it was. One day I came home from work and found the poster rolled up and tossed onto my bed. I went in and asked Kenzie why it was in my room. Her reason? "Well, I think I'm too old for that poster now..but I knew how much you liked it!" I laughed so hard, and then hung it on my wall in honor of her. Just to specify, Kenzie is not my favorite sister, I don't have a favorite. I love them all equally...most of the time.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Cute pictures of you girls!

Ted & Patty said...

What a loverly bunch of coconuts! I love that picture!