Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Slum Lord Update!

I just got off the phone with our Landlady. She told me that she feels we are "playing dirty" and that she doesn't have time to "fight" with us. She even claimed that we asked to be let out of our lease because we were not comfortable with the mold. I told her that it wasn't that we were "uncomfortable" but that it was a health hazard and was unlivable. She seemed to disagree. I told her that because she terminated the lease despite what she thinks that we won't pay another months rent or give her two weeks notice.

That said....great news! The place that we really like is ours! I am thrilled to be moving and can hardly wait until next week when I can shake this disgusting hole that I've called home!

6 comments:

Jess said...

That woman is a nutso and a half. Glad you are getting out of there.

Mikey Garlock Family said...

Congrats on the new place! Sucky land lady! If anyone was playing dirty is was here. It's unbelievable how dishonest people are. UGH!
~Kasey =)

BreAnna said...

Great news. I can't wait to see it! I am glad you are able to just get out, she doesn't seem to be at all interested in you guys! Post pictures of the new place!

Jodiane said...

That lady was always after you, be glad for your freedom and class up jersey a bit. Seriously.

Tammie said...

Okay, so I'm leaving a comment even though I just talked to you an hour ago! Where are your pictures? I need to see if haylie is bigger than Travis too! My boys take after their daddy! I wish it could've been the girls! I'm glad you won't have to live in scum anymore, but mom might miss her mouse friend next time she comes for a visit!

Dawnell said...

I hope you weren't too harsh with your landlady but I'm glad you are out and have an awesome new place. :-)