Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Lists


We have lots of kids in our family. As a result every year we pick names out of a hat (literally, someone tosses names into a hat, and someone picks them out, it is awesome). This year I got my 14 year old sister Mackenzie.

I probably haven't told nearly enough Kenzie stories for anyone to truly appreciate her Christmas list, but I will tell this any way because it is just that good!

This last week I called home to AZ to talked to Kenzie about what she wanted for Christmas. The converstation went like this..

Me: Kenz, I have your name this year. What do you want for Christmas?"
Kenz: I like makeup. Latley I've been wearing green eye shadow, so maybe more of that. Or there is a Medieval sword that I want...but it's too expensive.
Me: Really, a Medieval sword, huh? That's too bad it's too expensive.
Kenz: Yeah, (with a wistful sound in her voice).... but there is a Dagger I found on ebay. It's only 12 dollars!

In case you are curious, I did not buy her a Dagger. She is getting something girlie and age appropriate. The great thing about this story is that she took the time to search out a sword that she wanted, and then went to ebay and entered a search for "Daggers". Yes, that's my sister and she is awesome!

I hope you enjoyed the random picture of Haylie. I haven't posted any of her for awhile and I realize that some people rely on this blog for Haylie updates. In this picture she is acting all sweet, what you don't see is that moments before I was dragging her out of the bathroom where she likes to suck on the toilet fixtures. She is disgusting...is that worse than Kenz eating a cockroach when she was the same age as Haylie is now? You be the judge!

8 comments:

Sommer said...

Your place is really cute, love the yellow! But Haylie is even cuter... those cheeks are to die for. Are you going to AZ at all for the holidays?
ps We live in Lehi, Steve got a great job in Orem... NEVER thought I'd ever live in Utah.

Erica said...

That is such a dang cute pic of Haylie. Oh, and I totally know the dagger that your sister is speaking of ;)

Team Caldwell said...

jenny check out my page we are organizing an AZ get together if you are here. Be lucky you draw names for gifts my sister decided we should all write letters to a sibling!!! Lame for me because am am the youngest by 16 years so i don't know most of them well AND i got the one brother i NEVER talk to because he's a butt! write me so i can know if you're coming!!!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

Its a toss up, cant decide which is more discusting...roach or toilet, I guess it depends on how much you clean the toilet! Your apt is dang cute by the way! and a star for ten bucks at wal-mart, cant beat that! My sister is using something different this year, so she let me have her star and it matches my tree so it worked out great! and your sister wanting a dagger, thats freakin hilarious!!

Team Caldwell said...

i will forgive you for not coming to the party. when you are in the army look us up maybe they'll send you where ever we are! Fun to have someone i know with me.

Starr Phippen said...

I wish I too had a spiffy dagger. Ah, that Kenz always was a special one. Love the pic of Haylie. She has Tom's cheeks but she's a definite Pear baby too... ADORABLE. Are you coming to AZ for Christmas?

Jellybean babies said...

I think Haylie and Tom need to have a Wilson edition of Fear Factor. I wonder who would win for eating the grossest thing off the floor.....tough call.

Carol said...

um i have to vote that a cocroach is worse! your daughter is adorable!!! and great story about your sister :) i am very glad you found my blog and i can read up and catch up on your life! i love that picture of you in the hat with your daugther..i have to say that you are the one who deserves to star in "jealousy of the pom poms!"