Monday, December 10, 2007

Into the City

Haylie and I are extremely cultured. Since she is a city babe she gets to do things that other eight month olds only dream about. For instance this last week she attended her first ballet performance. The NYC Theater Ballet did a special showing of The Nutcracker at the World Financial Center in Manhattan. Haylie and I attended along with Beckett and Dawnell and a host of other Manhattan babies and Nannies! It was so much fun to see the costumes and the dancing. Haylie enjoyed it too. We had prime seats on the steps of hall so she was able to watch the ballet and crawl on Beckett during the boring parts!

Later that same week Haylie accompanied me to midtown to meet up with Jill Anderson Lloyd. This was very exciting since it's been months since I've seen any AZ friends. Jill was a breath of fresh AZ/Utah air. She brought some much needed news a.k.a gossip. Jill is so fun to hang out with, she is hilarious. Haylie also enjoyed the day out while munching on Cheerios. The guy at the restaurant had to come by our table no less than three times to sweep up her Cheerio droppings! I tried to tell her it was bad manners to drop her food on the floor, but she wouldn't listen!

As if two trips into the city wasn't enough, I packed up Haylie again on Saturday morning to go meet 14 of my book club friends at Sarabeth's (a restaurant) for Brunch. Yes, I am fancy..me and my Manhattan girlfriends have brunch, are you all a little bit envious right now? I ordered the Lemon Ricotta pancakes, delicious! After Brunch we headed over to Jill's apartment to where we reveled our secret Santa gifts! We also did a children's Christmas book exchange. I love childrens Christmas books. I highly recommend the book "Osbert". It's about a little boy who asks for and gets a real penguin for Christmas and then ends up regretting it. It's so funny! Go buy it now! You won't be sorry! The Christmas party was great, Jill did a wonderful job with the decorations. Haylie loved chilling with Jill's pet rabbit, I think she might want one of her own for Christmas!

I think next week I will take her to the Natural History Museum and Rockefeller Center, and maybe the Met.. look forward to more Haylie in the City!

9 comments:

Dawnell said...

She is indeed one cultured little lady. Hopefully I can tag along on one or two of these grand outings so my child can also be a genius.

Jenny said...

Always, Dawnell, always!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

what a fun place to be. i am so jealous!!

Erica said...

That looks like an awesome day. I almost went. But I had a cookie exchange with my cooking group in the ward. Trying to work on my domestic goddessness in addition to becoming cultured. As for the kids...lets be honest. Me taking my children anywhere in the city= hell on wheels.

Jill said...

I'm flattered to be included in your post! Hanging with you was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! I froze my butt off, but it was worth it. We might just need to make a routine out of these little outings :) I'll keep you posted

Tammie said...

Well I'm jealous! We have absolutely no culture here! How are my kids going to keep up with their posh new yorker cousin?

Team Caldwell said...

You look so freaking awesome! How come i didn't grow up beautiful?! What's all this NYC has culture stuff? You have the Natural history museum we have the dinosaur exhibit in down town mesa! You have Rockefeller, we have Reed park... see not so different! ha,ha. i love reading you city living. you are like my movie star friend.

Rhett, Angie, and Rion said...

Sounds like you guys had allot of fun!! NY has so many things to do! We will have to get together. I would love to go see the Museam of Natural History, and maybe take Rion to see the Santa at Macy's. Give me a shout if your interested,
Angie Richins

Sara! said...

So is it okay for me to profess my jealousy and state the obvious? You are freakishly hot! Holy cow, how come I didn't age so well?

Anyhow, so I'm creepy and found you. I'm out of the loop. Congrats on marrying your smartypants boyfriend (that's what he was at the time when I saw you last) and having an adorable baby!

I would love to live so close to NYC, well, maybe just for the shopping. I hope you frequent H&M and Mexx often. Lucky you.