Friday, December 21, 2007

Who's in your House?

Tom is on Holiday for the next two weeks. Ask me how we've spent the first few days of his vacation. Well, besides a fair amount of shopping we've spent the remaining time watching Harry Potter DVD's and trying to figure out which "House" we would be in. I know everyone thinks they're a Gryffindor because their brave and they always win the "House Cup", yadda, yadda, yadda. I've always considered myself either a Ravenclaw or a Gryffi, but this week Tom and I set out to prove where we really belong. We have taken no less than 10 tests promising to tell us which house we fit into. One test even claims it was written by Psychologists
and was a whopping 122 questions! That said let me preface by saying that I think the worst house to be in is Huffelpuff. All of the other houses boast specific qualities...except Huffelpuff. They'll take anybody, which doesn't ever make a person feel really special.

After the aforementioned tests it turns out I'm Slytherin. I would try and say this may be a mistake, but deep in my heart I know it's true. After coming to grips with who I really am I'm proud to be a Slytherin. They aren't all evil you know! Snape, my favorite Harry Potter character was Slytherin, along with many other talent wizards. Slytherins are so misunderstood, it's a shame! We get a bad rap for our ambition but are we really so different than the always popular Gryffindors?

Now as upset as I was at being in Slytherin, Tom was even more disappointed because it turns out he's totally a Huffelpuff! I didn't think anyone I knew really belonged in Huffelpuff, except for my little sister Kenzie, but lo and behold I freaking married one. If I had known he was Huffelpuff I might have thought differently about him. Which kind of just proves that I really do belong in Slytherin.

Tom didn't want to accept who he really was so he took test after test. Where as my test results showed Slytherin time and again, Tom's results were varied. He ended up being in Ravenclaw. He wasn't disappointed with that since that means he can share a common room with Cho Chang...didn't you know he's always had a thing for Asian girls? Why he married a blond, green eyed girl I'll never know...except maybe I do. Total Slytherin, I manipulated him into marrying me like only a true Slytherin could do. Kudos to me for landing a smart and witty Ravenclaw!

6 comments:

Marie said...

Jenny Pear!! I can't believe I found you and Tammie from Somms blog. I didn't even know you'd gotten married...congrats on that and the kid!
BTW this is Marie (remember me?)

Jodiane said...

Love the blog... you are a slytherine, and there was never any doubt from any of us, who know you best.

Alicia said...

This is such a funny post. I am so interested to know what all our friends are...hmmm Merry Christmas!

Marie said...

So glad you don't think I am a stalker! Although, that could be fun,eh?

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i am ravenclaw too.

Jodiane said...

Jen, i cant find your number i really want to talk to you. Will you call me soon. Seriously. Don't forget