Sunday, June 3, 2007

Blessing Day and Fast Sunday

I wanted to bless Haylie back home in Arizona. Tom said no. I did my best to convince him that it would be best because all of our family (at least those that aren't in the war or on missions) could be there. Still Tom said no. He said we needed to do it here so it would "bond" us to the ward. I said that was crap, but gave in anyway.
It ended up being really nice. All of our friends from Dental school stood in the circle, along with a few other friends we have made along the way. Tom did a great job, and oddly enough I do feel a little bit more of a bond with the ward! Don't tell Tom!
Since we blessed Haylie today that must mean it was fast Sunday. These are the best Sundays in Jersey City 2nd Ward ever! I've told you stories before, and I have one more today. I didn't actually get to hear this testimony, but my friend filled me in afterward. One of the members got up, he is a very old man, his accent is so incredibly thick that I can rarely understand anything he says. Luckily someone did and reported...He said he prayed to know if Hurricane Katrina was a result of the wickedness of New Orleans. He received the answer that it was not because of their wickedness but because of Global Warming and Gas Emissions! Now, maybe that is true, and I'm not saying he couldn't have received that answer, all I'm saying is that I don't know if it should have been included in his testimony. Once again, glad that he did include it, and hope we get alot more of where that came from next meeting!

P.S. Toms garden is growing. We have little green sprouts coming up all over the place. Tom told me today that we should have a "Wilson Harvest". I said I thought that was a great idea, and just like the Pilgrams we should invite our friends to join in the bounteous harvest with a dinner.
So if you live in the New Jersey/NYC area and are a friend, look forward to one heck of a party come harvest season!

9 comments:

Kasey said...

Congrats on the blessing and your little green plants. She looks adorable!

Kasey said...

So, I went to they movies the other day with the kids and Kylee lost her shoe. As I was on all fours on the floor looking for her shoe in the back of my mind I was thinking about sour patch kids vs the rat. I was totally thinking a rat better not come sniffing around while I was looking for the lost shoe. Luckily it was found and no rat was seen.

Sheena Larkin said...

She looks so sweet in her little blessing dress. I love the testimony meeting stories!!

BreAnna said...

Jenny!! you should have told us, we would have loved to come out and support you.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Congratulations on the blessing, that is such a special day!!

That is awesome about that guy. I wonder what the next answer to one of his prayers will be.

Dawnell said...

Haylie is so cute in her dress. Please invite us to the Wilson Harvest, we will bring a cornucopia.

P.S. The bad rain storm in New York/New Jersey yesterday was caused by wickedness.

Addy said...

The blessing was beautiful and Tom did a great job! Haylie looked so cute in that dress.

I'm looking forward to the harvest. I'm not a big cantaloupe fan, but I love tomatoes if you planted any of those :)

Jill said...

Your ward sounds awesome! I can't wait until next fast sunday!

Ted & Patty said...

Hey Jenny,
You guys look beautiful! Haylie IS adorable. Congratulation on her blessing.
Your stories make me laugh, you and Tammie both. What silly girls you are. What happy mommies!
Keep smiling your pretty smiles.
Love ya!