Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Book Club



Last night Haylie and I took a trip into the city to attend my Book Club meeting. I strapped her into her little carrier and away we went. It was so hot and humid outside, especially with our bodies so close together, but she was a trooper and didn't cry much as long as she was able to look around and see the sites.
We were reading the book 'Professor and the Madman'. The book is about the writing of the Oxford English Dictionary. What little (87 pages) I did read, I enjoyed. The great thing about book club isn't the books that we read, though I do love the reading part too, it's the wonderful friends I have there. I honestly love my book club friends. They are the greatest group of girls ever! I learn so much from them. When I had Haylie they all came out to Jersey. When they showed up they had not only dinner for that night, but for several nights afterwards. I don't know what other people on the subway thought seeing a group of girls carrying an entire crock pot and other dishes, but I was so grateful for their thoughtfulness! It's always nice to have meals brought in, but I felt like what they did was going the extra mile. Who wants to walk a mile carrying a crock pot?
Last night we had to leave the meeting a little earlier than I would have liked, but Haylie decided she wasn't going to calm down and go to sleep until I got her back to her own place. Even though I was only their for a little while (with Haylie crying no less) it was so much fun to see everyone and catch up a little. Can't wait for the next meeting!

P.S. Obviously these pictures are outdated, as I am not longer pregnant and neither are Dawnell and Alicia (they both have cute little boys!).

4 comments:

BreAnna said...

Oh Jenny, you are so cute, it is so fun to see everyone at bookclub isn't it. Cant wait until next time, hopefully I can see you both before that!

Sheena Larkin said...

It was so fun seeing you and Haylie. That's quite the trek and I know it's hard to come but I'm so glad you did!!

Dawnell said...

Thank you for mentioning that those photos were outdated. My genius husband was looking at them and said, "I don't know why Dawnell is wearing that shirt. I told her it doesn't look very good." Duh, I'm like a zillion months pregnant and I NEVER wore that shirt until I was pregnant as it is a maternity shirt. I have no idea what goes through his brain sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Well said.