Saturday, June 23, 2007

"Shenanigans! I call Shenanigans!"



Yesterday, before Tom left for class, I asked him if he would be able leave a little early to go by the post office. He said there was "no way I can miss Pharmacology". I understood that it was an important class so decided I would just go to the post office myself.

A little bit later that morning, while I was getting ready I got a phone call from Tom asking if I wanted to go to Six Flags-Great Adventure that very afternoon. "What about Pharmacology?" I asked. "It's just a lecture, I can miss it" he said. Interesting how just hours before he claimed he couldn't miss it, and now just two hours later he was singing a different tune!

A couple of hours later we were at Six Flags. We had so much fun! Tom and I were both able to go on several rides, not together of course, but with the other couple we went with. Naomi and I started out with a tame ride, Skull Mountain, and then went on to the scarier ones, like "Nitro". I thought I was going to die on that ride because I was positive my lap harness wasn't clicked in place right. Luckily it was secure enough to keep me in, but not tight enough to keep me from floating up out of my seat every time we went in a loop. I'm paranoid about roller coasters, I always think I'm not harnessed in correctly. I shake my harness, it's loose, so I always turn to the person next to me, and ask if theirs is loose too. Theirs never is, and I'm left to wonder if I'm going to make it to the end of the Batman ride! It makes the ride even more thrilling!

Haylie had a good time too! She was so well behaved the whole time. She loved looking around and seeing all the people and the scenery. She didn't cry at all until we were back in the car on the way home.

Tom is addicted to the arcade games at amusement parks and always ends up spending more than he should in an effort to win some lame prize. One year he spend 15 dollars trying to win a stuffed animal for me, that I didn't want, and had to end up carrying all over the park! This time he was convinced he could win an X box 360. When he didn't win after several tries and several bucks, he decided it couldn't be done and called "shenanigans". He didn't just say "shenanigans", he yelled it at the guy running the both! After that disappointing loss he decided to try his luck at winning a guitar. All he had to do was knock three blocks off of a table. He threw the ball so hard that it missed the table completely and bounced back over the counter and hit some other game player. The other gamer didn't look too pleased. Tom told the booth runner that since it bounced back he got another try, the booth runner didn't go for that and asked for the ball back anyway. He pretty much destroyed Tom's dreams of winning anything that night. I had to get him away from the arcade area pretty quick after that, or I knew he would try another game, and either loose or spend a lot of cash to win.

At the end of the day we both decided that six flags "Great Adventure" was just as good as "Magic Mountain" and maybe even a little less trashy! Way to go New Jersey!

3 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

that is fun that you have someplace close and fun to go to.
sorry tom didn't win anything

Crazymamaof6 said...

so funny about the game booths! i think your harness is too loose because you are so thin ( in a good way) LUCKY! sounds like a fun day, aren't you glad it was just a lecture!?

Jill said...

Less trashy eh?! I could have swore I saw a girl with a giant butterfly tattooed on her quad. So hot.