Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy First Father's Day!


At three months old Haylie adores Tom! Tonight when I was trying to get her to bed Tom came in to get her into her pjs. He does this every night that he can. He has an entire ritual that he does, he sings her the "Pajama Time" song, and plays with her for a few minutes. She is always so excited when he does this. It doesn't matter if she was screaming her head off, as soon as Tom says "what time is it Haylie? Is it..pajama time?" she instantly stops crying and starts to wiggle around smiling. It is the cutest thing! Anyway tonight when I was putting her down he came into get her ready and then gave her to me to feed her, but as soon as Tom said good night and walked out of her line of vision she started to bawl! I couldn't calm her down! Finally Tom had to go in and finish feeding her. That makes me so happy, because even though Tom can't be home at night very often he still spends all the time he can with her! He is a great Dad/Husband. For my birthday tomorrow he told me he would babysit Haylie and I could go out on a small shopping spree. He gave me a budget, and of course I went over but he didn't even get mad. In reality how could he, he knew Haylie and I had bought him so great Father's Day gifts, like the Randolf Concord Aviator sunglasses, the same ones worn by Jack Bauer in 24!
I'd also want to give a shout out to My Dad for being such a great guy. You know he use to drive three hours up to girls camp every year when I was in young womens to bring me home early because I would get homesick! He did things like that all the time without complaining. And even though I write this blog I know Tom would like me to mention his Dad. Tom tells me all the time how much he admires his Dad, and how he hopes to be the kind of man he is.

3 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

Your little family is so cute. Tom sounds like a great dad!!

Ted & Patty said...

Happy Birthday Jenny Kay!!!!


When I read your blog and see your happy family I just feel all sparkly inside.
Thanks.
LOVE YOU!

Tammie said...

I think that is the cutest thing I have ever heard of! How does the pajama time song go? Tell Tom Happy first Father's Day from the Koelle gang! Oh, Mally got really mad at me for not telling her I was talking to you the other day! She loves talking to you!